BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

We did it!

We actually finished the race! 21K and 2:24:14 later! Sadly, we took 4 min. more than I had hoped but it was all my Nike iPod's fault! Our pace according to it, was right on. About 3/4's of the way through the race I realized that the pace was off and we had to start pushing it to try and catch up to finish in 2:20. It didn't happen though :( I gave it all I had though (I had to sit with my head between my legs once I crossed the finish line or else I would have puked for sure!!) so there's nothing more I could have done, I guess. Except maybe run a little faster the whole way through and not have to die at the end!! Oh well.
Food wise was a bit of a write off. I had grilled tiger shrimp/baked potato/asparagus for dinner at the Keg the night before the race AND only one piece of bread. But also had a Keg sized caesar!! Then had PB&J on REAL bread before the race + 2 juice boxes. Then had a veggie burger and fries at Swiss Chalet post race. And a slice of pizza and garlic bread from Pizza Nova for dinner.
I think I need to drink more water. I was off yesterday to recoup but find that when I don't have my Nalgene with me (as I do at work) then I don't get my water in.
Muscles are a bit tight and right knee is a bit tweaked but feeling great otherwise!
All in all, a great weekend. It's nice to know I can run a half marathon, even though I'm 3-0!!!!

1 comments:

healthyjen said...

holy crap... you are A ROCK STAR!!! you did AWESOME! Who friggin cares what you ate... you ran off your entire years worth of calories!!

YOU are an inspiration to me!!! I am getting this butt on the treadmill tomorrow in honour of YOU!!!

Make sure you get your water in again... I'm sure your body needs it!! (like i know what i'm talking about).

Also... I am NOT working on my birthday. Still coming back to my place on the 2nd and planning to have a nice, quiet day to myself until Alex comes over after work. Maybe I'll run more on the treadmill while watching daytime tv that day and make myself feel good!! Maybe i'll be bummed I'm 30 AND all 3 weddings will be done with... at least I'll still have christmas to look forward to!