BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Go, go, go

Ahhhh, I feel so busy but I'm not really sure why. I'm just doing normal things but it seems so hard to fit it all in. What is up with that?
Tonight was a 6K run right after work. Then home to make dinner, do dishes, pack lunches, and vacuum. I sat down at 8pm. My life felt much less hectic when I was doing 12 hour shifts!
I tried to get Friday off but apparently that's not happening :( So...suck it up, Tara!!!
No challenge tonight...I did it last night and will do it again tomorrow.
Food highlights:
deviled egg, pita pizza, 6 dill pickle chips!, 1/2c. frozen yogurt

1 comments:

healthyjen said...

I hear you... i like to think the saying is 'no rest for the awesome'!! not that i have anything on the go right now... just feeling like there aren't enough hours in the day (for quality couch time!).

that sucks you can't get friday off!!! what's up with that? whoever approves your days off SUCKS!

I can't believe you've never had avocado! I really do think you'd like it! Today I had mushed it up to spread it on my crackers... but you can slice it to put it on sandwiches or in wraps too. There's lot's of different ways to make guacamole... but I literally mush up an avocado and add some salsa... pretty simple! The key is buying the right avocado! If you want to use it that day, look for one that's very dark in colour (like black) and feels soft (but not total mush... if you're going to use it in a couple of days, get one that's a brighter green and leave it out on your counter... it will be ripe after a day or two.

Next, I slice it all around length wise and then twist the 2 halves apart. You'll see a big brown pit in the middle... just jab it with a knife or something to take it out. then you 'scoop' out the middle of the avocado... slice it up or mash it... whatever you want! If you don't want to use the whole thing right away then put the other half face down in a container (if air gets at the avocado it turns brown within a day or less!).

I don't know if that's clear as mud or not.... but I do think you would like it! it's really good in a wrap with some cheese and tomato and lettuce (and even hummus)! I know a vegetarian at sickkids who cuts it up into cubes/slices and just puts it in a container with tomato to eat for lunch!

thanks for the words of encouragement... alex and i are both very much counting down until vacation. His week has been even longer than mine!!!