BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Wow...I've been gone a long time :(

Well I'm back...and my only reader knows it's been a busy time for the family! I need to try and be accountable and get my butt (and abs) in gear. To do this, I have challenged Jen to do a strength workout every other day for 30 days??? I need to keep doing it after 30 days but maybe we'll find another workout to mix it up a little after 30 days.
I'd like to say that I just completed it and it was easy...but it wasn't!! That 9 minutes just kicked my ass!!!! Just what I need :)
For the first round I did 8 real pushups (it hurts my knees to do girl style...and yes, 8 is a little sad!!) and 25 squats and repeat. Then 26 bicycles, 20 reverses, 20 lunges and repeat. Then 12 chair dips, 40 second wall squat and repeat. Finished off with a 45 second plank. We'll see if I can improve those numbers as we go along!! I was surprised how weak I am...I don't do any strength stuff at all. Just run. This will be good!!!
Anyway, now that the workout is checked off my list, I need a shower and then I need to see my cutie nephews!!
Later Gator!

1 comments:

healthyjen said...

I didn't get time to comment on this before work yesterday! GREAT job on the challenge (30 days sounds good to me!). I agree, I was feeling it after... in fact, my triceps and abs are still feeling it this morning!

I can't wait to see how we improve over the next month!!!

I hope your visit with your nephews was fun... and hope you took pictures!