BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 6, 2009

Ouch!!

Well, I almost cried when doing the ab portion of the toning challenge this evening! I first went for a 5K run. Then home for dinner. Then dishes. Then the CHALLENGE!!
My theme tonight was 13...(except for the pushups!!!) everything I did was in multiples of 13:
8 pushups
26 squats
REPEAT
26 bicyles
26 reverses
26 lunges
REPEAT
13 dips
52 second wall squat
REPEAT
52 second plank (double ouch on the abs!!)
I'm so happy that this is so quick (10 min tonight) and I can totally feel it working :)
I've been experimenting with not "counting" my points. I still have an idea in my head but I'm attempting to eat when I want to as long as it's reasonable and excercise. So far I've been maintaining and I'm happy with that. A little fluctuation is OK with me as long as I stay in the 5 lb range that I feel good in. We'll see how it goes. I'll report my weigh in on Thursday and we'll see where it's at!!
Food highlights:
-Green smoothie - berries, pineapple, few small slices of banana, soy milk and a scoop of berry amazing grass
-Veggie tzatziki sandwich
-Yummy salad with a bit of ranch dressing and a lot of Frank's!! It's weird, I can't get enough Frank's lately...I NEED it on everything!!

1 comments:

healthyjen said...

Holy crap you are kicking it!!! I echo your sentiments... the abs are NOT enjoying the workout. I am not happy with myself (okay, at least I'm doing something about it now). Let this be a lesson to me... cardio alone does not suffice! You've had a GREAT night! I think it's awesome if you can get to a point where you're not counting. I think Alex DREAMS of the day I can relax a little (like I don't do that enough already!).... After watching Stacey at different things, he thinks it's great how she knows what she can and can't have and doesn't really count points (I'm sure a WW leader is always supposed to count... and maybe she does in her head). Actually, I think he dreams of the weeks where I don't have to WI every Thursday and act like a crazy woman Mon-Thurs and highly restrict what I eat!!! I think he dreams of a day I'm willing to go out to dinner on a Tues or Wed!

I totally hear you about the Frank's. I LOVE it. I put it in my EVOO/balsamic dressing... on my vegetables... PLUS i still throw in hot peppers. I don't know what it is! Spice is in!!!

Your smoothie sounds good (pineapple and banana? Very Pina Colada-ish to me!)... I didn't realize you don't even end up putting spinach in it! Have you ever tried the almond breeze stuff? That is another thing I may try one day... but don't know if I'm ready!

Now... let your abs rest for Wednesday's challenge!! :)