BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

NOT conducive to running :(

What is going on? Is this April or am I confused? This snow is super depressing. It better be cleared up by the 17th at least!! Obviously no run today. The road just got plowed moments ago for the FIRST time since it started snowing so you can imagine what the sidewalk looks like. Apparently they think that nobody really lives on this street!
So, on to Easter weekend...it was seeming like it was going to be kinda easy foodwise. My extended family is not getting together until NEXT weekend as it is better for everyone so the only hurdle was going to be dinner with J's family. Turns out now, we are having a 3 way b-day party (mine, mom's and J's) on Good Friday and there will be takeout fish and chips involved!! You see, on the 18th is when my extended family will be gathering and then on the 19th, J and I are going to TO to the Jays game and staying over because on the 20th...WE'RE GOIN' TO VEGAS, BABY!! So that is what is interrupting the whole birthday celebrations. Whew! Anyway, I now forget where I was going with that...
Oh yeah, Friday will be hard but I know that there is grilled fish on the menu so I will at least aim for that and maybe I can get a salad to go with???
OK, on to today:
B- oats (2)
L- hummus sandwich (2), cottage cheese (1), orange (1), yogurt (1)
S- V8 (1), cheese string (1 - glad I bought those for J!!!), dill pickle (0)
D- HUGE ass salad (0) drizzled with fresh lemon juice and topped with hummus (0) and hard boiled egg (2) along with chili cheese fries!!! (6) - ff fries topped with veggie chili and a drizzle of light cheez whiz. It felt SO bad but tasted SO good!!
S- apple tea (0), fruit leather (1), probably some popcorn or smartfood 100 cal pack later for BL!
One day closer to a LONG weekend :)

3 comments:

healthyjen said...

Oh my god... you are about to be VERY busy, but at least it's all FUN stuff!!! That's so awesome you're going to VEGAS!!! I've heard so many people who love it there. I know my parents always did when they went... I think your parents have gone, right? How long are you leaving me for? I mean how long are you going for?? (heehee).

So... this weekend you have your birthdays on Friday and then just an Easter dinner with J's family? You aren't seeing your family for Easter? Or do you mean your extended family of grandma/aunts/uncles/cousins is on the 18th and you'll still see your parents, siblings and nephew this weekend?

- I have a lot of questions! -

Okay, this is going to pose a bit of a challenge for you for our Easter "rules"... but you can still do it. Where are you ordering fish from? You can get grilled fish? that will help a lot!! Maybe you can also order a baked potato with the fries? and the salad is a great idea! Are people bringing food as well? or only ordering out? Maybe you can bring a whole wheat pasta salad or something? or one of your infamous creative salads... Or make mexican pasta to take with you! OR falafels!!!

Hang in there... this is our last blast of winter just to give you a couple of days off... because after this week you'll be faced with warmer, sunny days... and you'll have no reason not to run!!! hey, you'll probably enjoy running in Vegas in the mornings or evenings!!

Keep up the efforts... you know there are the weeks the scale tends to surprise you!!

healthyjen said...

that is so exciting to go away for 5 nights!!! I can't wait to see photos!

Hmmm... probably Terry's doesn't have a baked potato option... but salad is probably a good idea. This will be a good test and set the tone for you to succeed the rest of the weekend. You can do it!!!

Our Easter is Sunday and Monday. Sunday morning is our hunt/breakfast with just us... then our family dinner is Monday (Friday and Saturday I'll be in Pontypool painting eggs, filling plastic eggs for the big family hunt and baking... and shopping for Alex's easter basket!). It's shaping up to be a great day (I think! My mom's latest facebook status make me wonder if something has changed)... I am making the 'healthy' whipped potatoes, my aunt Linda is bringing her green bean/vinegar salad and a squash dish, stacey is bringing her turnip casserole... we also have carrots... lot's of veggies to eat (with turkey!). I'm making a low fat taco dip and low fat devilled eggs... and trying to make some healthier dessert options... we should be good to go! The exercise is what I'm worried about over my food choices at this point!

I think I have decided I will use diet pop to try to ease any sweets cravings... my mom usually keeps in diet orange cplus and diet coke for me.

I still plan to devote a post to my entire plan for easter (including the rules we came up with!)... it'll just be likely thursday night or Friday morning.

Hmmm.... I think Sione may be going home.

healthyjen said...

Oh, I forgot... one aunt is bringing grandma for easter dinner and another aunt is going to pick up poppa jim and he gets a 'day pass' for Monday (unless that has changed and I don't know it)!!