BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Wow, 2 days in a row :)

I'm on a roll, people (or person)!!! Watch out!
To answer a few questions that my fabulous reader has...
1. yes, it is the crustless pumpkin pie recipe. I make it in a 9x9 pan and cut it into 16 squares. Then, voila...1 point per piece.
2. The cauliflower soup was really good I thought. Really easy - saute 1 small onion in 1 tbsp. olive oil (i probably didn't use that much) then add 1 chopped granny smith apple, 1 garlic clove and 1 tbsp of curry powder (i used 1/2 tbsp and was happy with that). Cook until curry powder turns deep yellow. Then add 1 head cauliflower chopped in 1 inch pieces and 4 cups veg. broth. Simmer x 20 min. Cool x 20 min. Blend to desired consistency. Serves 6 @ 2pts. per serving. Recipe out of Vegetarian Times Magazine!

OK. Today was a good day. Very busy at work which seems to be the norm lately. Good thing about that is I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off so I'm getting lots of walking in!! 2nd thing, I went skating again today. We did interval skating (skate really fast from blue line to blue line x 2 laps then normal x 2 laps and repeat). It was a good workout. I could feel it in my butt and that is awesome!!
Food:
B - ww toast with PB & J (3)
L - curry cauliflower soup (2) with spinach salad (spinach, clementine, red pepper, sweet onion, small bit of feta and mixed vinegar dressing) (1), pumpkin dessert (1)
S - jello pudding (1), homemade ww cookie from my cousin (1)
D - chili (4) and 13 baked tostitos (2) and salad with spinach, cuke, sweet onion, feta and ranch dressing (2), 2 pieces pumpkin dessert (2)
S - candy cane green tea (0) and ???

Note: last night cut back and only had 13 chips for dinner (-2 points). Then for snack I had veggies dipped in spicy ranch dressing (2) + 4 melbas (1) + 2 clementines (1). I was hungry but I stayed with the plan!!!
YAY! Go Team Jen and Tara! Hmmm, we need a better name for our "team" :)

2 comments:

healthyjen said...

YOU ROCK! First... I have to make that pumpkin dessert recipe again one day! I used to make mine the exact same way (although my square pan is 8")... and the soup sounds GOOD! I didn't know you like curry... you fit well in with my half indian lifestyle!! haha! I will actually have to try making it sometime. I bet alex would like it even! That's awesome you are doing so much skating! where are you going for that? is it like a free skate?

Your food looks GREAT today!! keep it up!

Hmmm... we do need a team name... something about being small or thin or skinny? I will think about it tomorrow while parents whine to me and I pretend to listen (some of the time!!)

healthyjen said...

PS... OH I think I will make your banana chocolate chip muffins this weekend!!!!!