BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Not a productive week,

weightloss wise! I'm fearing that there may be a considerable gain this week. Last night I went to a retirement dinner at Hobart's. Being good actually flashed through my head at the onset of the night but...didn't end up working out! I had a caesar to start and a glass of wine with dinner. We shared cheese fritters for an appy and then I had french onion soup and caesar salad for my dinner. And if that wasn't enough - I shared (hey, at least I shared!!!) amaretto cream cheese stuffed "ravioli" in a cherry bing sauce. The "ravioli" was actually puffed pastry pockets. SO good. Ok, enough talk about that because now I want to go back there for more dessert!
So, I was debating not recording my weight tomorrow but what exactly will that accomplish?? Nothing, I'm guessing. So I will face the numbers.
AND I already have plans for a run after work. HEAR that Mother Nature??? STOP snowing!!!!!!!

2 comments:

healthyjen said...

Crap! I should have looked for you Monday!! It would have been nice to have a quick visit... I will remember that for next time (Poppa Jim will be in the hospital for quite a while at rehab we think). So sad about that family... my mom must have said 2 or 3 times she wanted to go up and hug them. They looked so sad... yuck. Poppa Jim was in ICU until Sunday afternoon... now apparently he is on the 4th floor in surgical? He's room 4103 I think... something like that!! But you're right... he had been in ICU since coming back from Buffalo!

It sounds like you're having quite the challenging week. I totally understand the debate of not weighing in tomorrow (or recording it)... I struggle with that about WW as well... the problem is, my weight is what it is... regardless of whether or not I weigh in... i just used those freebie "missed meeting coupons" as a bandaid or avoidance tactic... usually telling myself i'll just do that much better next week... but, I NEVER do!! I've decided the fact that I can't miss any meetings is a good thing... if i can't go on a thursday, i'll go another day. If i'm up... that just means I have to work harder the next week and then will get to lose that much more weight.

You can still recover though... what did you eat today? what are you going to snack on tonight?

You can do it Tara :) Just remember how great you felt when you were below your goal weight!

Your meal yesterday sounds wonderful though!! Just don't tell my mom you went to Hobart's... she has a serious hate on for them (their phone number is only 1 digit off of my mom's cell phone number they are 328, mom is 324... she is sick of getting calls for them... or calls from a collection agency looking for one of the hobart's waitresses!).

I can't wait to hear about the run tomorrow! i hope the weather cooperates!

Just think... only a few more weeks until we get to hang out and I get to see your new house!!

Disclaimer: I think you are wonderfully thin and skinny the way you are! I just want to support you in being happy and getting where I know you want to be.

Wow, I had a lot to say tonight :)

healthyjen said...

Ooops, poppa jim was in ICU until MONDAY afternoon, not sunday!! sorry!