BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Temptation

Today was harder than the last two. That happens I guess. I did well though. I fought off most of it :) Still no excercise. Today was a nicer day but W had to go get her hair done. The thought of going for a run on my own did flash through my head and then it flashed back out. Soon, I tell ya!
Food today-
B- steel cut oats (2)
L- hummus sandwich (2), cottage cheese (1), yogurt/strawberries/all bran buds (2), 1 piece of chocolate covered salted caramel (2- oops!)
S- celery and hummus (0)
D- spinach/pepper/onion/cuke/egg salad (2), chickpea burger (4) on pumpernickel (2)
S- candy cane green tea, grapes (1)
S2 for BL- strawberries and grapes (1) with 1/4c. yogurt (0.5) and all bran (1)

In case you're wondering, the chickpea burger was 1/2c. chickpeas mashed up + splash of worshistshire sauce (sp??) + splash of hot sauce + balsamic + chopped onion + chopped green pepper + garlic powder + a bit of flour to try to get it to stick. I heated up some PAM in the non stick skillet and "fried" it. I think I flipped it too soon as it didn't stay together at first. I left it for longer on the other side and that helped. Then I added a piece of fat free cheese to get it more stuck together (oops - processed food!!).
Confirmation of last night's snack = hard boiled egg (2) and yogurt/fruit/allbran (2.5)

2 comments:

healthyjen said...

Your title for this post makes me think of "temptation island"... remember that trashy reality show? i loved it!

Look at what you caved on today... now compare that to the last couple of weeks and what you ate when you caved on those days... you did AWESOME!! Your dinner (as always) sounds great!! I have GOT to make that some time... go quote george clooney; "God bless the chick pea"!!!

I actually missed BL last night... it was on TV but I was on the phone with Stac to catch up before they left for Florida today... I saw what was going on but didn't have a chance to get caught up in the emotion (but I probably would have cried)... I tried to tape it later in the night but I set my VCR wrong!! (yes, I am stone age and don't have PVR!).

Good luck tomorrow... I am hopeful for us... we deserve good news on those scales!!!!

healthyjen said...

I am sure you will do okay at your aunt's birthday.. and if not, you have many days to make up for it before next week's WI! Tonight I can't STOP thinking about what I will eat tomorrow!!! my challenge will be pontypool this weekend for mom and michele's birthdays...

I really like the larabars! maybe because i'm so convinced they are healthy and a more fun snack... i actually find them pretty filling (for a snack)... i did get them at costco! i got a case of them and my mom got a case of the "motivate" protein bars and we divided them. i actually really like the motivate bars too, they are like eating a soft chocolate bar!!

what do you think of larabars? i actually had a sample of them at lifefest last year (the thing shoppers drug mart puts on) and didn't mind it but was put off by how many points it was when I can have a 2pt granola bar instead... but then i read in one of your blog entries once that you had eaten one, so i thought i'd try them!!! i got the larabars and the fruitsource mini bite gummi things at costco on saturday... i felt so healthy! (i also got tuna and skim milk cheese there).

oh, i was under the same impression as you... blue team is saying goodbye to someone. so sad for bob :(