BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Running and Dinner and Nightshift, Oh My!

My run last night went well. 6.4K. We started running just after 7pm and it was actually a little chilly. Was a bit nervous as we haven't run over 5K in a while! It was good though. It had stopped raining so we didnt's get wet. Felt great but we did go a bit slower than usual. But that's what training is for I guess!
Pre run dinner ended up being a veggie burger and bun + salad with light bocconcini cheese (if you haven't tried this stuff before I highly recommend it! - it's a mozzerella cheese that comes in little "balls". You can have 2 "balls" for 3 points or 1 and 1/2 for 2 pts.) So I had romaine + tomatoes + cheese + salad spritzer for 2 pts. Quite tasty. Then after the run I had some Eggos (3) and then some Ryvita pizzas (3) while watching Biggest Loser. Oh yeah, Biggest Loser...I love the blue team. Especially the old guy that lost 31 lbs...too cute! And of course, BOB!
Ok, now on to the one thing I've been confused about since I started following WW. Nightshift. I never know how to manage my points on my first night. I'm usually up for most of the day before I go in, therefore I'm eating points...then I'm up all night too and WANT to be eating MORE points! So I'm usually over points that day. Do I use flex? Do I use the next days daily points once it hits midnight? My usual: just ignore as I'm up for 21 hours so I MUST burn more calories and it all equals out...stupid, I know but as I've said, I never know how to handle it. What do you think??? I'm thinking I'll try and eat light today so I have some points left for tonight. We'll see how that goes!
So today's yumminess:
Breakfast: Egg beaters (1) and WW toast (1)

Lunch: Zero point soup and salad with feta (1) + grapes (1)
Oops! Change in plans for lunch. J brought Pizza Nova home - Veggie slice (I ate half, I'm counting it as 4 points based on their website nutritional info) Still had some zero point soup for filler! No salad or grapes though!
Lunch = 4!
Snack: WW cake (1) + tea

Dinner: Pita pizza (4) + something!

Nightshift: mostly snacky stuff. Will fill you in later!

Hope everyone has a super OP day :)

2 comments:

healthyjen said...

Great job on the run! You're doing AWESOME!! As for night shift... the first one does suck. I think I started my new day at midnight when I did nights... but really, I think you can just do what works for you. If you want to spread out your points for today and count from today until you go to sleep tomorrow... just use flex points. I'll ask Stacey her opinion though!! As for biggest loser, I would have looked at Bob the same way with the gum - it just doesn't cut it when you're actually hungry!!! But I've learned if I'm looking snack out of boredom - gum works for me (for now!). And Daniele is soooo freaking annoying if she says "this suuuucks" one more time, I may lose it! She's such a baby and a whiner... but the apple doesn't appear to fall far from the tree!

OH - I saw breakfast television this morning. They did live eye from a gym and they were serving a healthy breakfast INCLUDING 'no sugar added' syrup! AND the blue menu ketchup (a staple in my fridge now, since I'm a ketchup girl - and I know you used to be one!).

I hope night shift is quiet! When is your last one???

healthyjen said...

Oh, I switched from Biggest Loser to BB without telling you... when I talk about Daniele I'm referring to BB8!!!

Also - I agree, Amber was a good choice to go home. She wasn't in the right frame of mind... she was ready to quit too early on.

Also - will could I possibly type any more comments on your blog?? It's almost as long as your entire blog!