BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Frustration

I am frustrated with MYSELF! I was bummed that I only lost 1 lb this week and what have I done about it? Ate. And ate some more. Why? I don't know. I don't understand why this is so hard. Just eat properly and excercise. What is so difficult about that? I've gotten back on the excercise band wagon, but foodwise, I'm just not there. The last 2 days I have eaten: pita chips, Skor cookies, Arby's fries, and more I'm sure. I'm not sure if it's the time of year (I hate winter) or the stress of my job (it's pissing me off lately) or just that I cannot re-commit to this following bad holiday eating. Whatever this funk is caused by, it needs to end...SOON!! I have a weight in my head that I'd like to be at and it is 5 lbs below what my "goal" is. I know it's probably not neccessary to get there, but I don't think I will feel like I have succeeded until I do. I guess I should have named my blog "The Last 10 Pounds"...who knew?

1 comments:

healthyjen said...

Okay Tara... first things first - try not to be so frustrated with yourself... it's not getting you anywhere! it is what it is (the results, your food intake)... just take it one day at a time, no guilt, move on! especially when the cycle (like mine) is when you're frustrated you throw in the towel and stop counting points or even caring what you're eating (which we can't do - because LATER we care!).

you KNOW if you just keep up the efforts from the end of last week you WILL see better results this week... BUT if you sabotage the weekend, the results will only be great if you're OP 7 days a week... not 5.

(i do realize i'm not telling you anything you don't already know! i'm just hoping if you hear it from someone else it will help!)

Also... if we combined both of our efforts we could be SOOO unstoppable! my food is pretty good... it's my lack of activity that is killing me!

Here's the thing. Here is where I sound INCREDIBLY selfish. I NEED YOU. I need you to be doing well and posting your efforts... challenges... and SUCCESSES every day (or close to it). I do so much better when you're doing well with me. it motivates me THAT much more. and i NEED motivation because I have GOT to reach my goal weight by the summer... and I just don't think I can do it without you! I hope that doesn't make me sound like a bad friend... or someone who is only thinking about herself... because the end result is us BOTH being at our goal weights. I'm so SICK of being the fat bridesmaid in weddings... this one has GOT to be different... and you have to help me Tara!!!

co-dependency can be a healthy relationship sometimes, right? (haha!)

Here is what I propose. for as many days as we can in a week (because sometimes life gets in the way)... we post exactly what we eat. we be honest... we know that nobody is passing judgement (if nothing else, we feel relief because we are not alone, we are human, and others have binges like we do)... and just having to post what we eat can help keep us that much more accountable. i will also make an effort to post about my activity (or increase my activity so i CAN post about it).

What do you think?

I know it's going to be hard... especially with the job stress (you have to email me those details and VENT!)... but if we have this one aspect of our life that we feel is under control and we are happy with... perhaps the rest of it (the other aspects in our life which we have no control over) will be dealt with easier...

I typed a lot. holy moly. But? what do you think?

Let's make the rest of this weekend one we can be proud of... especially for a weekend!!!